Pitching Updates GalorePosted: April 23, 2011
First off, I would just like to say that I’m sorry I haven’t written too much in the last few days. I’ve just been very busy. There are a lot of notes on pitchers in the Yankees systems so i will write them up bullet-point style:
- All has gone well with Phil Hughes throwing program so far and he hopes to begin rehab assignments some time next week.
- Last night, despite the rain out, the Yanks did make a roster move. They sent down Hector Noesi, who hasn’t pitched once while up in the Majors and brought up the veteran Buddy Carlyle.
- Carlos Silva, who has been doing a conditioning program since being signed a couple of weeks ago, is set to throw batting practice some time this weekend.
- Kevin Millwood was supposed to make his first start for Triple A Scranton last night, but they were rained out. He will probably start one of the games today.
- With last night’s rain out, CC Sabathia will be pushed back and will pitch tonight and Freddy Garcia will pitch tomorrow’s series finale.