Yanks Lose A Tough One 4-3 In ExtrasPosted: May 12, 2011
That was a really bad loss last night so all I have motivation for is bullet points:
- AJ Burnett pitched pretty well. He went seven innings giving up one hit and one run. The one thing I did not like was the fact that he walked five hitters. He probably would have lasted a lot longer if not for those.
- Without Rafael Soriano and an over-worked Joba Chamberlain, Joe Girardi went to David Robertson for the eighth. He, however, would cough up a 2-1 lead. Mariano Rivera would pitch a scoreless ninth, Buddy Carlyle a one run tenth and wound up getting the loss.
- Derek Jeter regressed a little bit going 0-for-6 as he was the only Yankee hitter without a hit.
- Curtis Granderson hit his MLB leading twelfth homer of the season and a game-tying hit in the tenth.
- It was another night of missed opportunities for the Yanks as they went 0-for-16 with RISP and stranded 15 base runners. They had a lot of chances against Kansas City starter Vin Mazzaro who had thrown 60 pitches through two plus innings.
- Robbie Cano got hit in the head and was taken out of the game. He went for a CT scan which came back negative, but expect a night off for him tonight.
So yeah it was an ugly loss, so let’s look forward to the rubber game tonight which will be Ivan Nova against Sean O’Sullivan with a 7:05 first pitch on YES.