Another Bad Loss As Yanks Lose SeriesPosted: May 13, 2011
Who knew that bringing up Amaury Sanit would prove to be so vital for tonight’s game? I was really hoping it wouldn’t (unless he was brought in to an 11-0 game), but whatever. Anyway, in tonight’s rubber game against the Royals, the Yankees looked horrendous and lost a badly played game by a score of 11-5. I am once again just going to bullet point this one:
- After his last three starts had been great, Ivan Nova came out tonight and looked just awful. His final line would be 3 IP, 10 H, 8 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, 73 pitches (48 strikes). He couldn’t locate anything and it cost him. Of course his defense didn’t help him committing two errors behind him.
- Amaury Sanit came in and did an okay job of mopping up. He kept the Yanks as much in the game as they could have been and at one point it was an 8-4 game with New York scoring the last four runs.
- Buddy Carlyle also got 1.1 innings of work and struck out three.
- The Bombers had a B squad lineup in Eduardo Nunez playing shortstop, Frankie Cervelli catching, and Jorge Posada not even in the lineup.
- Their first hit didn’t come until the fifth inning when Robbie Cano homered. They would compile eight hits altogether.
The Red Sox come into town next for a three game set which should be interesting. Hopefully, the Yankees pick it up because they’ve looked awful in these last two.