Recent Minor League StuffPosted: May 31, 2011
This doesn’t count as a weekly update, but here are some injury reports and recent transactions from the farm:
- The Yankees have claimed righty reliever Kanekoa Texeira off waivers. Texeira is a former Yankee and ground ball machine and will provide some depth for the bullpen.
- The Yankees have released pitcher Brian Anderson, former first round draft pick, who was pitching for Double A Trenton.
- They also released lefty reliever Andy Sisco from Triple A Scranton. Sisco had a 1.88 ERA, but had walked 12 hitters and with a solid Randy Flores down there also, there wasn’t much to do with him.
- Greg Golson, who is dealing with a hamstring injury, is apparently one week away from playing in games.
- Mark Prior still isn’t throwing off a mound as he is continuing to have trouble with his hip/abdominal injury.
- Double starters Graham Stoneburner and Steve Garrison are still a ways to go according to Mark Newman.
- And Tampa infielder David Adams is having leg problems that are supposedly related to his ankle injury from last season.