A Lot Of Injury ReportsPosted: June 23, 2011
Here are some big time injury reports:
- Jeff Marquez was placed on the disabled list with a sore shoulder and Buddy Carlyle was called up to be the long man in a corresponding move.
- Derek Jeter has reported to Tampa and has started some basic exercises, but hasn’t fully tested out that strained calf yet. He plans to resume baseball activity later this week.
- Eric Chavez is taking batting practice and fielding ground balls, but still is only allowed to do limited running.
- Rafael Soriano had a throwing session earlier this week and it went well. He didn’t feel any pain and after a full week of intense treatment after he felt pain, he is making progress and hopes to be back juts after the All-Star break.
- Bartolo Colon has started a throwing program and will probably be back right when his fifteen days are up as long as his hamstring feels alright.