A Lot Injury ReportsPosted: August 9, 2011
Here are a lot of injury reports courtesy of Lohud:
- Alex Rodriguez ran the bases for the first time, took batting practice, and fielded some grounders. He’s expected to start minor league rehab either Friday or Saturday and be back with the Yankees some time next week.
- Damaso Marte threw 32 pitches off a mound and everything went well. Still not sure what’s next, but don’t expect him back.
- Pedro Feliciano threw 42 pitches off a mound and will throw batting practice on Friday. Good for him, but I still don’t see him back this year.
- Ramiro Pena took some swings today for the first time since having his appendectomy. No timetable yet for him yet though.
- Sergio Mitre is going to visit Dr. James Andrews (uh-oh) about a pinched nerve and surgery is likely. I wish him the best as it doesn’t look like he’ll be back at all this season.